Last Updated on November 14th, 2022
We endeavor to provide a 99.9% service uptime, excluding planned or emergency server maintenance or conditions beyond our reasonable control. All customers will be notified of planned maintenance as far as possible in advance through our status page and, should the maintenance last for longer than 30 minutes, via e-mail.
Our SLA is rescinded if you have overdue invoices on your account, or if you have paid the invoice for the period of the disruption late.
Black Nova makes no guarantee to defend a customer’s website from a denial-of-service attack unless that service has been specifically offered and agreed.
- Purchasing or renewing Web Hosting
- Explaining our Web Hosting features and benefits
- Provisioning your Web Hosting Account
- Providing DNS settings to connect your domain with your Black Nova Designs Web Hosting
- Ensuring that email, web serving, FTP, and the control panel are functioning, accessible and operating as intended1
- Navigating our hosting control panels
- Providing connection settings for your FTP client
- Explaining how to upload files to your website
- Installing third-party apps through your supported control panel
- Backing up a database or website using tools in the supported control panel, Installatron or Plesk Application Vault, or a Black Nova Designs backup solution
- Providing options and resources for migrating your website to Black Nova Designs Web Hosting
- Providing resources and options for installing a Black Nova Designs Issued SSL certificate on Black Nova Designs Web Hosting
- Creating email accounts
- Providing basic settings for your email client
- Any client, script, application or content installed by Customer
- Control panel (Parallels Plesk, or cPanel/WHM) plugins & add-ons
- Applications in the Parallels Plesk Application Vault and/or cPanel Application Catalog
- Installing and ensuring third-party SSL certificates work with Black Nova Designs Web Hosting
- Education or training on the operation of Internet technology2
- Configuring your website’s SEO settings
- Creating custom DNS zone files
- Troubleshooting any third-party services
- Helping with any root-level server customizations
- Configuring your email client
- Configuring your FTP client
- Troubleshooting third-party domain registrations
- Troubleshooting private name servers
- Checking for cross-browser compatibility
- Troubleshooting hacks due to customer-controlled vectors
- Identifying root cause of website performance issues – We will ensure that email, web serving, FTP, and your control panel are all functioning and accessible. The customer is fully responsible for the installation and correct operation of any and all scripts and applications. We do not troubleshoot or provide any support relating to malfunctioning scripts or applications.
Data Backup The customer is responsible for executing and maintaining current data backups. We maintain our own data backups for any given server only in the event of disaster. We typically have up to 30 days data retention available; however, we do not guarantee the availability or restoration of any lost data. Restoration of data can be requested from our Support Team.
- We do not provide training or education on the operation of any aspect of Internet technology. It is expected that you will have a basic understanding of Internet concepts, such as DNS, email, web, web browsers, FTP, and general computer literacy.
For Virtual Private & Dedicated Hosting Customers
On our virtual servers and dedicated servers, our SLA is increased as follows:
- Power: 100%
- Network: 100%
- Server Uptime: 99.9%
We guarantee that in the remote event of a server hardware failure that cannot be fixed, the hardware will be replaced within four hours of the problem’s diagnosis. Hardware is defined as the processor(s), RAM, hard disk(s), motherboard, NIC card and other related hardware included with the server. This guarantee excludes the situations where there is a requirement to rebuild a RAID array and the reload of certain operating systems, processors and applications. It does not include any bespoke server hosting solutions. Our parts and labour warranty covers all parts and labour costs involved in the event of a related parts failure. Any failed component shall be replaced by us at no cost to you.
In the event of a problem with your server, we shall ensure that a qualified engineer will be dealing with the problem within 15 minutes of being notified. In the rare event that your problem cannot be resolved within 15 minutes you will be notified. When notifying you we will provide you with the details of the problem along with an estimation of when the issue will be resolved. We shall keep you regularly updated until the moment the problem is resolved. An engineer’s report shall be sent to you within 12 hours of the problem being resolved. We will reboot your servers (physically or remotely) 24 hours a day without any cost to you.